Last week, we discussed some best practices for incorporating text messaging into your human resources communication. This week, we bring you the second part of the guide, with more tips on how to use text messaging to achieve different human resources goals.
Bulk text messaging to optimize open enrollment
Effective human resource communication tools will ultimately make your benefits open enrollment plans more successful. Avoid the staggeringly low read rate of 20 percent for emails by instead using text messages, which have a 90 percent read rate within three minutes of delivery.
Here are some specific tips for using text for benefits enrollment communication:
- Increase awareness of benefits enrollment with mobile keywords: Quickly and cost-effectively share your open enrollment details by using mobile keywords, allowing employees to receive bulk text alerts that are read 98 percent of the time.
- Minimize costs: Traditional methods of sharing open enrollment dates and deadlines are expensive and time-consuming compared to bulk messaging.
- Use bulk texts to send periodic mass reminders of open enrollment: By alerting employees prior to enrollment season through a mass text message, you will give them substantial time to evaluate their current plans and ask any questions before the open enrollment deadline.
- Share mobile links to open enrollment benefits in group texts: This will allow employees to examine each plan fully—while answering most of the questions your HR department would otherwise need to answer—and ensure they pick the optimal plan. Keep in mind that employees who are satisfied with their benefits are four times more likely to be satisfied with their work.
- Automate open enrollment FAQs: Occasionally, employees will be left with additional questions,
This content is available to IABC members only. To continue reading, log in below.